Moving is always a stressful time. Challenges around the purchase or rental of a new home and packing up house tend to trump issues such as leaving your house in pristine condition for the newcomers. Naturally Clean, the residential home cleaning experts, understands that cleaning your home when moving is the last thing on your mind. However, keeping your home clean during your moving process will make packing easier and moving more efficient. Consider these tips when moving.
1. Plan ahead. Most people have some sort of routine for when they clean their house. The temptation is to let this go when you’re so busy packing. Don’t! If there’s one thing you do, keep to your regular schedule of cleaning house. Schedule a clean-up, with chores for the family, every week. This way, your home looks great when prospective tenants or buyers come around, and when the big clean-up comes before moving day, your job will be easier to handle.
2. Keep product close at hand. A box or carrier with cleaning supplies out on a counter or table during this time is a great visual reminder to stay on top of your cleaning and with supplies close at hand it’s easy to attend to small jobs on the fly.
3. Many hands make light work. If you share your home with friends or family, assign everyone a task. The cleaning tasks will appear less daunting. Consider promising rewards to young kids who complete their assigned chores.
4. Tackle the final cleaning. The last thing we do before we move out is clean the house. We want our new owners or renters to come into a sparkling clean home, and we expect the same when we take up residence in our new place. Opt to pay for a cleaning service if you are really tight for time or doing the clean-up yourself is going to push you to your limits of sanity. Otherwise assign yourself or another person to stay behind once the movers have left to clean. Focus on the basics:
– vacuum and clean floors
– clean and sanitize bathrooms
– dust all built-in sills and ledges
– wipe clean appliances, countertops, and cupboards outside and inside
– clean windows inside and outside
– spot clean obvious marks and bruises on walls
There, now how easy was that!