Try these kid-friendly cleaning advice to clean up messes such as bubble gum, crayon marks, dirt and grime, and lipstick stains.
- Chewing gum – Whether it’s stuck on the bottom of your shoe or in a pocket, leave item in the freezer overnight and gently chip away. For stubborn gum, use a small amount of paint thinner.
- Crayon on the walls – As ingenious as your child’s art may be, the best way to remove it from walls is to rub the stain with a small amount of paint thinner and wipe with a clean, dry cloth.
- Playdough in the carpet – Place a large amount of dry-cleaning solvent on a clean white towel. Leave the towel on the affected area for one minute, lift and gently rub the playdough away, moving towel in one direction.
- Dirt and Dust – It’s everywhere! Ask children to remove shoes before coming into the house to keep as many allergens outside as possible. Vacuum entryways often to remove allergy and asthma contaminants.
- Fingerprints – Buff surfaces with a clean cloth dampened with a neutral disinfectant. This will not only remove fingerprints, but childhood germs as well.
- Lipstick on your collar (or wall!) – Little girls love to play with make-up. Scrape excess wax away with a soft spatula. Pretreat clothing with a small amount of dishwashing liquid and rinse. Mix 1/3 part white vinegar to 2/3 part water to gently blot stain away or wipe surfaces clean.