Being in the cleaning business for over 20 years, I have learned many things. I have learned skills in operating a business, managing staff and building good working relationships as well as learning about who I am as a business owner and as a person. Here are just a few valuable lessons I have learned over the years.
1. The customer is always right. No matter how much you want to express your opinion…don’t.
2. Think before you speak. Be a thoughtful listener and speaker. This builds trust and connections with staff and clients
3. Be confident! Yes, you need the skills to sell but when you believe in yourself and your product it will help you to succeed.
4. Know that there is always a solution to a problem. You may have to be creative about it but there is a way to make it work
5. Keep your integrity. Being an all-natural cleaning business and being passionate to our mission, I have been in the position to compromise our beliefs to being truly green. I have, in the past, been asked to use compromising products, like bleach and windex. I believe when you do this you breach a trust and respect of your clients, staff and to your business ethics.